I have worked in the mental health field since 1993, treating people of all sexual orientations. My focus is helping clients resolve issues related to interpersonal relationships, problems with desire, orgasm, sexual pain, erectile dysfunction, sexual addiction, and sexual abuse.
I have practiced in a variety of settings.
- I worked with physically disabled patients suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder at the Veteran Administration Medical Center in West Haven, CT,.
- I helped terminally ill patients at the Mid-Fairfield Hospice
- At Bridges, a community mental health facility in Milford, CT, my patients present a broad spectrum of emotional disorders.
- Licensed psychotherapist, State of Connecticut Dept. of Public Health
- Certified sex therapist, American Association of Sexuality Counselors, Educators, and Therapists (AASECT)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Masters of Social Work, Columbia University
- Bachelors of Arts, Psychology, University of Connecticut
Sex Therapy Training
I was trained by Dr. Dagmar O’Connor, who was the first woman in New York City trained by Masters and Johnson. Dr. O’Connor was the Director of the Sex Therapy Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, New York City; Director of Training and Instruction at New York City Medical College OB/GYN sex therapy program; and Lecturer in Psychiatry at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center New York City.
I currently work with Dr. O’Connor leading workshops on a range of sexuality topics.